Quinte Minor Lacrosse Association (a member of the Ontario Lacrosse Association) offers a representative lacrosse program as an opportunity for local players to compete at a higher level against teams from all over Ontario, NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Below you will find general information related to the participation in representative lacrosse. Look for more information to be posted as the season nears, such as tryout dates and age groups. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAID IN ORDER TO ATTEND TRYOUTS.
2. PLAYERS RESIDING IN OR NEAREST TO OTHER ASSOCIATIONS (THEIR “HOME” ASSOCIATION) MUST HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THEIR HOME ASSOCIATION TO ATTEND TRYOUTS FOR QUINTE BAYHAWKS.
3. PLAYERS WITHIN OR NEAREST TO QMLA BOUNDARY WHO WISH TO TRYOUT OR REQUEST A RELEASE TO PLAY WITH ANOTHER CENTRE MUST FIRST REGISTER WITH QMLA PRIOR TO THE 3rd SUNDAY IN MARCH. THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE IMPOSED BY THE ONTARIO LACROSSE ASSOCIATION (email us if you think this is a problem or have any questions).
UPDATE: As our 2022 box lacrosse registration period winds down (click here for more info), we will be making decisions on which age groups we will form rep teams based on the number of registrations for each division. Soon after, around mid-April, we will start to schedule rep interest runs for players who are interested in playing rep. The competitive season will begin around mid-May and run through to the beginning of August.
What to expect:
– one practice per week until end of June (during house league schedule) – Rep only divisions may practice twice per week
– two practices per week in July
– weekends? – apart from house league lacrosse you can expect an occasional home or away game in May and June on a Saturday; in July, the only lacrosse on weekends will be one tournament and provincials (later July or early August depending on age)
– Provincials!! – held in Whitby in early August, exact days depends on the age division
– travel – zone games could be held as far east as Ottawa (usually just one trip east), and as far west as Durham region (once or twice)
WE ARE CURRENTLY FORMING TEAMS FOR THE U13, U15 and U17 DIVISIONS. EMAIL US FOR MORE INFORMATION.
TEAMS WILL PRACTICE TUESDAYS AND/OR THURSDAYS. PRACTICES IN MAY WILL BE HELD IN PICTON. PRACTICES IN JUNE/JULY LOCATION TBD.
Approximately $700-$800 per player. Teams are expected to find sponsorship and do fundraising to bring these costs down.
The competitive season schedule will begin in May and conclude at the Ontario Lacrosse Festival (provincial championships) at the beginning of August (specific dates depend on age division).
Representative teams are expected to practice once a week and play about 1 game per week, less during recreational league season, up to a total of about 8-10 zone games. Teams are also expected to enter 1 or 2 tournaments.
For zone games, teams may be expected to travel to locations in Durham Region, Peterborough, Kingston and Ottawa as part of zone game play.
PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIP / ONTARIO LACROSSE FESTIVAL
The competitive season culminates with the Ontario Lacrosse Festival in early August, where provincial championships are held for all age divisions. This event is held in Durham Region (Whitby, Oshawa, Clarington, Ajax, Pickering).